Saturday, October 4, 2014

Tamagoyaki (pan fried rolled egg) Recipe

I was sent the most AMAZING pan to review. It is aTamagoyaki Japanese Omelette Pan / Egg Pan
I usually hate cleaning the pans after cooking eggs because everything sticks to the pan and the left over egg does not come off in the dishwasher. I love eggs, our kind neighbors have chickens and share delicious eggs with us. So this pan is my new favorite item. I experimented a few times with it before making the recipe that was sent with the pan. Frankly making Tamagoyaki (pan fried rolled egg) scared me. So I can confirm this pan is also awesome for scrambled eggs too. There is a video here that will show you how amazing Tamagoyaki can look. Mine does not look that good, but it still is guest worthy without a lot of work. Here is the EASY and simple recipe to make this!



First gather your ingredients

4 eggs, 1/4tsp soy sauce, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon sugar, oil 




 Mix everything together


Put some oil in the awesome pan.



Put a thin layer of egg in the pan

 Let it cook until there is a think layer of liquid on top and then roll it

 Use Chop sticks in order to not burn your fingers.


After it is rolled add another layer of thing egg.


This is where I thought I made a mistake, I had two rolls next to each other. But it wasn't a mistake! 
 Add another think layer of egg!
 Let it cook a bit.

I flipped the two rolled egg pieces on to the last part of think egg. 

I think it worked. Even though I cheated. 


Slice it into pieces. 

and Look how nice this pan looks after you are done with it! It is also dishwasher safe!


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

print recipe

Tamagoyaki
This is a simple Japanese rolled egg that looks fancy. Go ahead and impress your guests.
Ingredients
  • 4 Eggs
  • 1/4 teaspoon Salt
  • 1 Tbsp Mirin (or 1/4 tsp sugar) Mirin or Sugar
  • 1 tsp oil
Instructions
Mix all the ingredients in a glass measuring cup or bowl that is easy to pour. Heat pan with oil Pour a thin layer covering the pan .After the thin egg has set a little, gently roll into a log. Start to roll when the bottom of the egg has set and there is still liquid on top. Use wooden chop sticks to avoid burning your fingers. There will be a log of egg on one side of the pan.Pour more of a thin mixture into the pan. Roll next to the other rolled egg. Repeat the rolling. I flipped the cooked roll over onto the last think portion. Remove from the pan and cool for 3-4 minutes. Slice the egg and you will see a spiral pattern
Details
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield:

No comments:

Post a Comment