Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Breaded Porkchops, Risotto, Carrots and Cucumbers

My walls aren't dirty, I tore down wallpaper and we haven't completed that project yet..

It drives me crazy when people say they can't make a semi healthy , homemade and fast meal that is also affordable. Tonight I made breaded pork chops, rissotto, organic carrots and cucumbers for dinner. It was fast, affordable and EASY!

  1. Mix an egg and with a tablespoon of milk. 
  2. Flour
  3. Bread Crumbs 
I buy meat when it is on sale at Wegman's and package it individually to freeze. Wegmans typically has $1.00 off Fresh Meat coupons and a $5 off $25 purchase coupon that can be combined.


4. Dip in Egg





5. Dip in Flour




6. Dip in Bread Crumbs




7.  Fry on Each side for about 2 minutes each

       




8. Baked in the oven at 350 for 30 minutes

Note that I burnt one... I let if fry more than 2 minutes. 


I made an easy side of Lundburg Risotto that was cheap during Super Doubles at Harris Teeter.



Cucumbers with Organic Dressing





Alexa Carrots that were $0.89 after doubled coupons






4 comments:

  1. That looks like a delicious meal. Making a healthy dish is actually a whole lot easier than what people think. I don't know why others have that difficulty of coming up with healthy and clean dishes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so good! & here I thought it was going to be a struggle to plan next week's menu. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a really great meal. I don't eat pork so would substitute with steak.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy! This looks really good! I'll have to make sure to try this soon!

    ReplyDelete