|St Anthony's of Windber Church Cookbook|
- 1 cup Butter
- 1 cup water
- 4 Tablespoons Coca
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Beaten Eggs
- 1/2 Pint Sour Cream I use Breakstone or Daisy Sour cream
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- *PRE HEAT OVEN TO 350
- Melt 2 cups of butter in a pan. (My cookware are Emeril Pots and Pans )
2. Add 1 cup of water to the pain
4. Remove from heat and add 1/2 tsp salt
11, Spray the pan with baking spray or butter.
12. Sprinkle the pan with flour
14. Make sure it is nice and smooth. Then bake for 25-35 minutes at 350.
Now use the SAME pan to make the icing.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla ( I was out of vanilla, but cut part of a vanilla bean instead.
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 box powdered sugar ( Domino sugar sends coupons when emailed a compliment)
After the cake is baked , remove from oven and ice hot.
Add some chocolate chips for extra fun.
I love having cookie sheets with a lid