Saturday, November 15, 2014

Braciola De Manzo

I confess. I never made Braciola until today, but people always thought I could make Braciola. When we had guest I would go to the local Italian store and buy it pre-made and pretend that I was the person that cooked amazing Braciola. So hopefully my inlaws aren't reading this blog, because I did that pretty often before we moved away from the amazing Italian store. Braciola, Braciole or whatever else you decide to call it is simply rolled thin round steak stuffed with bread crumbs,cheese, eggs, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper.



  • *1 1/2 pounds thin beef steak or top round steak
  • *1/2 cup bread crumbs
  • * 2 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese
  • *1 Large Egg
  • * 2 teaspoons parsley
  • * 1 Clove garlic
  • *1/2 teaspoon salt
  • *1/4 teaspoon pepper.
  • *1/2 cup olive oil
  • * 1 jar sauce or tomatoes ( if using tomato puree add 1 can tomato paste)

How to Cook

  • Mix the breadcrumbs, parsley, egg, cheese and garlic together in a bowl.
  •  I was sent an awesome Garlic Press set from Alpha Grillers . It made it so EASY to get small pieces of garlic for the stuffing and to peel the garlic to simmer in the sauce!
  • Spread the steak out on a cutting board and spread filling on it thin.

  • Roll the filled beef tight and secure with butchers twine or toothpicks.
         


  • Brown in 1/2 cup olive oil.
       


  • After browned add 1 jar sauce or 1 cup tomato puree and 1 can tomato paste.
               


  • Simmer in sauce for two and half hours


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment