Sunday, November 2, 2014

Taco Tuesday


My son has been obsessed with Taco Tuesday because he watched the Lego Movie.   I hate buying over priced pre-made mixes, especially when I have all the ingredients at home in my spice cabinet. I have a crazy amount of cookbooks so I know there had to be one with homemade taco seasoning. I found Tex-Mex Recipes, never used on my shelf.


Then I found  this recipe.


I had all the ingredients in my spice cabinet.

The recipe for the mix is easy and most people have all the ingredients at home.

1/4 cup chilli powder
3 tablespoons garlic salt
2 tablespoons ground cumin
2 tablespoons dried oregano
1/2 teaspoons ground red pepper



So easy I just mixed everything in the mason jar , added the ReCap and shook it!




Why was I buying pre-packaged seasoning again?


I was  sent The Original reCAP Mason Jars Pour Cap   and a  TeChef - Color Pan - 12" Frying Pan Review to review . Perfect items to make fresh tacos for my family for Taco Tuesday!

I was also sent another awesome product from TeChef. They had sent me a Tamagoyaki pan a few weeks ago,  This time they sent me a Wok/ Frying pan in an awesome olive green color. It is safer non-stick option because it is (PFOA Free)


 I put a 1lb or 2 of meat in the pan. I bought it on  a Friday when Martin's reduces their meat and froze it. (There is nothing wrong with reduced meat. It is a great way to save money)
 I then added about 2 tablespoons of tomato paste.
 and then the homemade taco seasoning and some water.

Look how delicious it looks in my taco serving tray.

 





I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment