Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Limoncello Recipe, or Orangecello, Limecello, etc...

Limoncello Recipe, or Orangecello, Limecello, etc... A homemade Christmas gift your friends will actually use and appreciate. I am Italian, I don't like most alcohol, but I DO like Limoncella. It is an easy homemade gift to give your friends, you look fancy and they aren't stuck with 20 fruitcakes, jams or some other homemade item that people only seem to think others need. I don't know how to do things in small amounts, that just isn't me.




 Ingredients
  1. Zest from 40 Lemons
  2. 1 gallon grain alcohol or Everclear. Use Vodka if your state doesn't trust you with grain

Let the Lemon Peels soak in vodka for 40 to 80 days. You can do as little as 4 days, but the longer you let it sit the better.


After 40 days have passed make a simple syrup. The amount of water and sugar you use depends on how strong you like your alcohol. My father got my bridesmaids drunk on this before my reception. They didn't drink much... So be careful!

Basic Simple Syrup

1. 4 cups sugar
2. 5 cups water

Use this ration as you determine how strong you want your Limoncella


  • Boil the sugar to water ratio for  5-7 minutes
  • Remove from heat and let cool
  • Mix the Lemon Mixture with the simple syrup 
  • Let rest for another 40 days 
After the Limoncella has rested for 40 days  strain and discard the lemon zests.

Then bottle in individual containers. Mason jars or use glass soda bottles for smaller sized gifts. 

Store in the Freezer for best tasting results.




*With the actual lemons squeeze with a good juicer and freeze in ice cube trays for lemonade
 or recipes.

Get your tools here



I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment